So I'm driving yesterday getting on 77S at Ridgewood. There is construction so the entrance ramp is long and narrow. I'm talking with my nephew and we are debating if we will end up being late to the bus stop. All of the sudden, I see the driver side door of the car in front of me open. For a second, it looks like the driver is ready to jump out of the car. WHAT THE HELL? All he ends up doing is spitting, closing the door, and continuing on as if nothing strange has happened. My thoughts are racing at this point, wondering how I would have handled it if the guy had jumped out of his car.
After a bit, I'm all calm again. Things are going well and it looks like we will make it one time to the bus stop. We were all the way to where 77 splits off, still staying on 77 when suddenly a car zooms around me to pass on the right almost sideswiping the car next to me and cutting me off. I'm thinking about what a close call that was, but everything is fine and we are going to make it with time to spare if no one starts playing bumper cars with us.
At this point we are only a couple of exits away from being safely off the highway when traffic slows. Now I'm contemplating how terrible it would be to be less than five minutes away from picking up my nephew at the bus stop and not being able to get there because there is an accident and I'm stuck in a traffic jam. Fortunately for me, it was just someone with car trouble who took the next exit. Not so fortunate for the other driver I am sure.
I manage to make it to the bus stop on time. But some days it seems like the universe is conspiring against my plans.
1 comment:
That xpressway there is a mess. I was on the same route to Ridgewood on Friday too. Luckily it was ok, but I was white knuckle all the way and even after I got off.
Post a Comment