The wildflowers we planted last year ended up mostly not blooming. We did however end up with a beautiful foxglove plant that now has friends. It is growing spectacularly and already has some blooms!
We were quite busy today dividing and replanting some of our hostas. Now we can arrange them in a more pleasing way. Originally when we planted them we did not take into account that they would be different sizes. Things were looking quite messy for a while. During our gardening we took time to watch a little grasshopper.
On a different note, the caterpillars are now in their chrysalids. They will be metamorphosing in the next week or two. Gregory has a butterfly bungalow. This is just a fancy term for a tent that he can crawl into with the butterflies. Here's hoping I don't have to try to capture them to take them outside.
1 comment:
Neat butterfly bungalow. The foxglove is very pretty. I saw many at the garden store this weekend. I'm considering adding it to the soon-to-be garden in my backyard. I did get cherry tomato plants and impatients and planted those today. There's more gardening to be had.
Post a Comment