Sunday, August 19, 2007

Cape fantastic


Here, you can see the cape as a WIP (work in progress, for the non-knitters who may be reading). The pattern is from the Lion Brand Yarn web site. But be warned. I used a completely different type of yarn. Lion Brand Suede to be more precise. I also did not follow the pattern precisely. I decided not to decrease at all, which ended up making the piece look like a badly misshapen wrap instead of a cape. That would just not do.

So, I thought on it overnight. In fact, I practically panicked about it. Here was the fabulous yarn and a great project that I had been working on for weeks, ruined. But never fear. I took a needle, sewed up where I need the collar to be, and attached the rosette. Now it looks almost exactly as I imagined it would.

Here is the finished product in all it's glory. Not too shabby for winging it. I've got to get better at picturing things in my head though. One of these times my impromptu changes are going to be disastrous.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Awesome Job! The rosette adds a nice touch. Love it!