Yesterday after picking up my nephew, we headed to the Overlook Trail in Cascade Valley. Gregory was resistant to the idea at first, but he quickly warmed up to it once we arrived at the park. There was a long discussion on the things my son does not like about summer. Bugs and the heat. He did decide that summer was good because you get to see a bigger variety of animals and butterflies. He even made the observation that it was not officially summer yet.
Instead of sticking to the easy 1/2 mile trail, we opted to hike down to the river. Oh, the steps! We went down the steps and then back up the steps to get back to the Overlook. There was a bee buzzing around so we didn't enjoy that view very long. We met a nice older couple and hiked the rest of the way back with them.
It was the first time in a long time that I hiked without taking my camera. This made the hike go faster since I wasn't stopping every few feet to take a picture. I'm looking forward to more hiking this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment