
I learned that it's pretty easy to add a design to a basic sock pattern and have it turn out great. Purling in the round on two circulars is just as easy as easy as knitting in the round, but I have to keep tension when I switch needles to avoid getting a 'ladder'.
My cabled gloves are also done. The hardest part was figuring out how to make the left glove properly since the pattern did not make it clear.

Now I have gloves, a hat, and a scarf all in the same color! And since brown goes with just about any color, I should be set no matter what color coat I end up with for next winter.
So, I'm still in the middle of several projects. I've got a blanket I'll probably be working on slowly when the weather isn't too warm. Plus, I'm trying toe-up socks with the yarn left over from making the spider socks. I still need to finish up the spider bag. And I've started to crochet Benny the Monkey. I did this pattern once before so I know it will turn out great.
No comments:
Post a Comment