Well, not so much easy as less time intensive than I anticipated. The Desert Poncho, a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn, turned out pretty nice in one color with just one row of fringe. The problem was it didn't drape properly. The bottom from and back curled up and out into a strange triangular shape. Not that I wanted extra work, but I knew I wouldn't wear it if I didn't fix the problem. So I unraveled three or four inches, shoved the work back on circular needles, and knitted up a seed stitch border. It isn't perfect, but it is close enough. I didn't expect to finish it up yesterday, but since I spent most of the day hovering near the iguana to make sure she wouldn't need another trip to emergency, I had time and nervous energy.
I had thought that I used an entirely different yarn for the pattern and that caused the problem. Turns out, I used the yarn called for, as well as the same needle size. Sometimes you just have to improvise and change things.
No comments:
Post a Comment