Today was going along just fine. I managed to drag myself out of bed before 8AM, which is almost unheard of for me. Homeschooling went very smoothly once the video games and TV were turned off. I was even getting some clutter put in its proper place. Then it was time to make lunch. I wiped off the electric can opener a bit and positioned the can. It is a good thing the opener grabs the can so it doesn't fall because as soon I started opening the can, out jumped a spider. It ran across the counter to the sink as I jumped back and let out a shriek of surprise. It took me hours to shake off the creepy feeling.
Normally, I am fine with spiders. I even take the time to gently relocate ones that I find in my house. Still, every once in a while I just get creeped out. Take for instance the day I removed spider after spider from a wagon that was in the shed. Things were going well until I began to spray it down and hundreds of tiny spiders were suddenly everywhere. That was enough to creep me out. Yet I can calmly look up towards the ceiling and watch a single spider heading right towards me. Spiders are my friends, as long as they don't jump out at me and as long as there are not too many of them.
1 comment:
You sound like my friend Joyce, the one I was telling you about, except she gets an occasional bat. She says she loves living in the woods.. go figure!
Post a Comment