Driving around to today, I realized that you did not need to read those "now leaving/now entering Akron" signs. It was quite obvious simply by the amount of snow on the main roads. In Akron, the roads were all snow covered. As soon as you passed outside Akron, the roads were clear. It was enough to send me into a rant. (As far rants go, it was pretty useless as the children in the back seat were perfectly oblivious to my pointless ramblings. I figure this accomplished more than it would have if the mayor had been riding in my back seat in any case.)
While Akron did manage to clear the side streets, the main roads were still looking like you'd expect the side roads to look. As I drove, I couldn't help but think "Use the salt, Akron! Use the salt!" Or maybe they just forgot to lower the plows enough.
1 comment:
Akron is terrible. You wonder sometimes what they do with the tax money... they must not budget well.
Post a Comment