Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The topic of the week: SNOW!

Everybody's talking about it. Just turn on the TV and you'll find the newscasters seriously reporting that people are shoveling their driveways. They say it over and over again as if it breaking news that no one has heard about yet. Extended news coverage for the great blizzard of 2007!

Just so everyone knows I'm not totally against the trend for pointing out the obvious again and again, here is my contribution to the snowy conversations:


First, we shall start with a picture. I call this one "Wall of Snow". It shows the snow I shoveled to one side of the driveway. This picture in no way conveys the way I felt shoveling during the downpour of snow yesterday at 3:30, 6:00, and 10:30. I did end up being glad I did not try to tackle this all at once. My upper body strength leaves much to be desired, and at times such as this, I find myself wishing the drive was half the size. My husband was also a big help this morning when we finished clearing the last bit that fell overnight.


The second picture is a view outside this afternoon around 4:00. The mailman came early today and did not have the benefit of a shoveled path. Who in their right mind would have thought that after the worst snowstorm we had this year, the mail would actually arrive ahead of schedule? It just goes to show you how unpredictable things can be. I'd be curious to know if others got such prompt service from the postal system this morning.



1 comment:

Andi said...

You better take some Tylenol tonight I have a feeling you'll be sore tommorrow. I lucked out and two boys in our neighborhood were going around shoveling. Mind you, though, I started out this morning trying to "sweep" the snow from my door with my broom and I BROKE my broom! LOL. I'm not too heartbroken it was a 99 cent deal at Marcs. Postman: He was pretty punctual today, but I usually get a ton of mail and today it was pretty 'light'. Makes you want to go Hmmm! Stay Warm!