I don't even remember what prompted me to search for knitted tied patterns, but it was during that search that I stumbled across the Eleventh Bow Tie. I did modify the pattern a smidgen. I added a couple border stitches to the end of each row, slipped the first stitch of every row, and wrote out the changes decreasing and increasing had on the linen stitch pattern. The results are quite nice.
It is worth noting that yarn I used, Marathon Socks--North Pole, turned out to be a bit scratchy. This is part of the reason the bow is tied so loose in the picture. It would work best with a collared shirt. My son has agreed to wear the bow tie at least once more if we can find a shirt that he will be able to wear with it. He has also said that he might wear a green one made of softer yarn.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment