Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ornamentation

Finally, I got a few pictures of some of the ornaments I have been knitting and crocheting. It all started because I had some leftover yarn from the Christmas bow ties I knit a while back. Since the yarn was scratchy, I did not want to make any wearable items. The hat, candy, and stockings are knit from the sparkly, but scratchy, sock yarn.

The miniature hat ornament is just what it seems to be. The little candy is super easy to make. Just knit a tube, stuff with a small amount of fiber fill or scrap yarn, and tie the ends. The Santa sack is just an improvised little bag with a crochet chain for a tie. Stuff it with a bit of fiber fill and put a fake little present in there. I guess if you are less of a scrooge than I am, you could put actual presents in the sack.


Funny little story about the stocking. I figured I would just use smaller yarn and needles to knit a full size stocking pattern. It wasn't until after I cast on that it dawned on me I would then be knitting a sock. So I ripped it out, cast on way fewer stitches, and the result was a cute little ornament which is stuffed with fiber fill and topped with a small teddy bear. The little wreath ornament is actually my favorite. It is just single crochet around a milk jug ring with little crocheted circles. It's my favorite because it was so easy and quick. I made a dozen in just a few hours.


And finally, there is only one snowman ornament. My son thinks it is evil because of the red eyes. What can I say? I was too unmotivated to find a bit of black yarn.


No comments: